Categories

Come on in! Join Pinterest today...it only takes like a second or so.

The Beanie tradition began in 1950 when the college came a part of the SUNY system and was renamed Harpur College. The fall semester began with the distribution of the beanies to the freshman class members and if caught not wearing his/her beanie, the freshman was required to pay a fine of five cents. This tradition continued through 1961.

Colonial Hall, located in Endicott, is the original home of Harpur College. (1950)

In 1950, Professor J. Alex Gilfillan, Head of the Music Department, wrote the Alma Mater for the new Harpur College.

New Degree Programs, 1949

In 1947,18 different student clubs and organizations are active on campus. This picture is of the Business Administration Club from the 1948 yearbook.

Founded in 1946, Endicott, New York.

In 1946, the first student government elections are held and the first student newspaper, Colonial News, is established.

Students of Triple Cities College carry their chairs to and from on the first day of classes, Sept. 30th, 1946.

In 1946, Glenn G. Bartle becomes the founding Dean. His title was later changed to President of Harpur College in 1954.