Goldsborough Hall's Royal History
Goldsborough Hall was home to HRH Princess Mary, the Queen's aunt, in the 1920s and was host to many other royals including King George V, Queen Mary, The Prince of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of York. While at the hall, her two sons were born: Master George Lascelles was the first grandchild of Queen Mary and he was christened at St Mary's Church, Goldsborough, next door to Goldsborough Hall
Wedding of the 7th Earl and Countess of Harewood on 29 September 1949. Lord Harewood married Marion Stein in the presence of Princess Mary, Princess Elizabeth and Queen Mary. The 7th Earl was brought up at Goldsborough Hall in the 1920s
Plaque from one of the Lime Trees in the Lime Tree Walk at Goldsborough Hall was planted by HRH the Duchess of York in 1927. She went on to become Queen Elizabeth and later Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
The South side of Goldsborough Hall in the time of Princess Mary in the 1920s.
This is the memorial to Henry Ulick Lascelles, 5th Earl of Harewood (1846-1929). He was the son of Henry Lascelles, 4th Earl of Harewood and Elizabeth, daughter of Ulick de Burgh, 1st Marquess of Clanricarde. He married in 1881 to Lady Florence Bridgeman, daughter of the 3rd Earl of Bradford. Their son Henry became the 6th Earl of Harewood (1882–1947) and married Princess Mary. As a child, Henry Ulick lived at Goldsborough Hall which was the house for the heirs-in-waiting for Harewood House.
Harewood House launched a new rose the 'Yorkshire Princess' in memory of HRH Princess Mary. Mary, of course, lived at Goldsborough Hall throughout the 1920s before her move to Harewood. It has been created by Dickson Nurseries Ltd and will also be part of a new planting scheme here at Goldsborough Hall
HRH Princess Mary at Harewood House, her family home after she left Goldsborough Hall
Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood pins the shamrock onto Shaun, the mascot of the Irish Guards