1938. Iberville Parish, Louisiana. "Belle Grove. Vicinity of White Castle. Greek Revival mansion of 75 rooms. Built 1857 by John Andrews, who sold it to Stone Ware. Occupied by Ware family until circa 1913." What was left of Belle Grove, reputedly the largest plantation house in the South, burned to the ground in 1952.
McRaven is considered the most haunted house in Mississippi. It was built in 1797 by a highway bandit named Andrew Glass, who died in his room after being shot. One of the first ghosts seen there is that of a Confederate soldier who died there in 1886 when it was briefly used as a hospital. He appears in the parlor and on the front porch. Other ghosts from past residents dating as far back as Glass have also been seen. Activity includes physical attacks, flickering lights and slamming doors.
Ghost stories like the one about Le Beau House in Arabi (across the river from New Orleans), an abandoned sugar plantation.Francoise Barthelemy LeBeau bought the land in 1851. The house was finished in 1854. For about 50 years it stayed in the LaBeau family. They had a history of mistreating their slaves to the point of death and burying them in adjoining fields. The deceased slaves came back and one by one, the LaBeau family went insane. Two members hanged themselves on the second floor.
The Trepagnier Plantation was expropriated, along with several others, by the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers to build the Bonnet Carre' Spillway. Per Frances E. Johnson, the Photographer – 1938 "St. Charles Parish, Louisiana. 'The Rookery', Trepagnier House. Norco vicinity. Abandoned plantation house