Dolls-Simon & Halbig
Simon & Halbig, S & H, was founded in 1839, they began making dolls from 1869 to 1920 in their two porcelain factories in Frafenhain and Hidburghausen, near Thuringia, Germany in 1920 they were bought by Kämmer & Reinhardt, who continued to produce dolls until 1932. Simon & Halbig was known for the fine bisque doll heads and innovation in the doll industry, thus, they also supplied doll heads to many other well known doll manufacturers, that then attached to their own made body.
Porcelain head doll Simon & Halbig 108 014, Gräfenhain, shoulder head doll with open mouth and sleep eyes, bright blonde human hair wig, earrings, mobile mass jointed body, fingers, largely undamaged, original clothing, cast good condition, H 81 cm, 1900
Rare German Doll, Simon & Halbig