Early American Homes
The Barnes-Hiscock House, also known as the Corinthian Club, Syracuse, New York..built in 1851-1853 by industrialist and abolitionist George Barnes, in an Italian villa style. It was later the home of Frank H. Hiscock, "who served as the chief justice of the New York State Court of Appeals.
The Wilcox Octagon House is a historic home in Camillus, New York that was built in 1856 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It was the farmhouse home of Isaiah Wilcox, who had a 40-acre (160,000 m2) farm. It is an octagon house of the type advocated by Orson Fowler, who wrote an influential book promoting use of octagonal home designs.
Johnson Hall, Johnstown NY - A Georgian house of wood made to look like stone, Johnson Hall became the nucleus of a working estate designed to encourage settlement and further Sir William Johnson's control of his lands. nysparks.com/...
The William Hart House (1767) Located next to the First Congregational Church in Old Saybrook is the 1767 house of General William Hart, which is now the headquarters of the Old Saybrook Historical Society. Hart was a merchant engaged in the West Indies trade with his brother, Joseph. During the Revolutionary War, he outfitted privateers and led the First Regiment of Connecticut Light Horse Militia to Danbury, when that town was raided by the Brittish under Brig. Gen. William Tryon in 1777.
Berkeley Plantation, one of the first great estates in America, comprises about 1,000 acres on the banks of the James River on State Route 5 in Charles City County, Virginia.
Abraham Lincoln’s Summer Home, Washington, D.C. Photo: Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, photograph by Carol M. Highsmith, reproduction number LC-DIG-highsm-04097
Gunston Hall was the only home in Colonial America known to have a room in the chinoiserie style. Photo by Louise Krafft. source: roamingtheplanet.com
Carter Hall, Millwood, Virginia, estate of Lt. Col. Nathaniel Burwell (1750–1814)
Chatham Manor, Fredericksburg VA
Claymont Court, near Charles Town, West Virginia