How to transfer images to furniture using Mod Podge. Follow me for great DIY home decor projects!
Fortune Cookie Magnets... Mod Podge a fortune onto a magnet. Dry. File rough edges if needed. Apply a thick layer of Glossy Accents over entire piece. Place magnet on fridge when it is halfway dry to prevent curling. Love it! Find magnets, glass tiles, adhesives here: www.eCrafty.com
Coaster – Dollar store, $1.00 each. (More expensive than Lowes 20 cent tiles, but as I mentioned, the Dollar store's are already backed with cork.) Mod Podge Polyurethane Paint brush Custom Coaster Tutorial: Measure your coaster and cut out a piece of scrapbooking paper to size. Apply Mod Podge to back of paper and apply to coaster. Press firmly to ensure there are no bubbles and all edges are glued down. Apply one or two layers of polyurethane to seal. You are done….Enjoy!
Believe it or not, I actually did a DIY craft I found online awhile back. Put together old photos of my parents and gave them the coasters for Christmas. They turned out so cute. These intructions are similiar to what I did, only difference is I printed out photos from costco, glued with modge podge, did 3 different layers of modge podge, and finally did a couple layers of sealer. midwesternmoms.co...
how to: Get a piece of card stock and then use Mod Podge(I like the spray for this) and seal it, let it dry and coat one more time to make sure the paper is impermeable and doesn't soak the ink in. Then just print your tile out on that. Then place the paper on top of a rolled out sheet of clay. The color will transfer to the clay! Bake like normal and you'll find yourself with some great options for tiling.
Mod Podge Tile Coasters
I took cover art from Jordan's favorite band and made him custom coasters for Christmas. I found images of the cover art, copied it into a Word document where I could format the size, then printed on cardstock paper and cut them out. I adhered them to 4x4 ceramic tiles from Home Depot ($0.13 each) with Mod Podge and four coats of polyurethane. I then used some self-adhesive felt on the bottom to protect the surfaces he'd use them on.