Victorian mansion which incorporates French Second Empire roof forms. Completed in 1891, it was built for John Wagner, a partner of Cobb & Co, and designed by architect Charles D'Ebro. The house took its name from the birthplace of Wagner's wife, in Stonington, Connecticut. it has served a number of uses over the years, including acting as the residence of the Governor of Victoria from 1901-1931.
The Ruins at Talisay City, Philippines. This mansion was built back in the early 1900's by a sugar baron. This was the largest residential structure ever built at that time. The mansion met its sad fate in World War II when the mansion was burned to prevent the Japanese forces from utilizing it as their headquarters. It took days of inferno to bring down the roof and the 2-inch wooden floors.