Hannah House, Indianapolis, IN - was built in 1858 by Alexander Hannah, who was openly against slavery, which was supported by then president, James Buchanan. One use of the house back then was as a station for the underground railroad. One night a lantern was knocked over in the basement and a fire ensued, killing several of the escaping slaves. It's possible that they are the cause of the activity in the house, which includes moving objects, opening doors and windows, cold drafts and more.
The University of Alabama opened in 1831. The most spotted ghost is that of a murdered Union Soldier murdered in what is now known as Jason's Shrine or as The Little Round House. There is also a shadowy ghost that lurks on the 13th floor of Tutwiler Hall believed to belong to a girl who committed suicide. Other activity includes disembodied footfalls & voices, being touched in the music room and a scattering of desks in a classroom where a boiler once exploded, killing several students, and more
The Pest House-Knightstown, Indiana This house was a quarantined place to put people during an outbreak of small pox in the early 1900s. The death rate there was extremely high and many ghosts are said to still live there. A local historian reported visiting the house once and being greeted at the front door by a strange-looking woman. She told him without being asked that no one was home and closed the door. He knocked for several more minutes and was about to leave when the owners pulled in. …
J.B. Moore and his family, including two visiting relatives, were murdered in this home by an intruder on June 12, 1912. The case remains unsolved, but suspects at the time included a traveling preacher and then-U.S. Senator Frank F. Jones. Jones was a business partner of Moore's, and the two had bitterly parted ways in the weeks before the murder. The landmark Villisca Axe Murder House now operates as a museum…a fate not uncommon to properties too spooky for residential use.
house was built in 1894 and owned by Peter Anthony Prince, a local. Prince was married four times, with his first 3 wives passing away. A lot of stuff has gone down on the third floor that is closed off to the public. One night, a security guard noticed all the lights on the third floor were on but there was no electricity. People have also reported seeing a woman in a white dress, playing with a baby in the nursery. Some staff members will not enter the home alone.
This house is said to have been abandoned in 1913 in Cape May, New Jersey after the mother and father murdered their five children. The motive for the brutal murders has never been determined. Afterwards, their farm and property was turned over to the Township and has since been a vacant shell of its former self. People report paranormal activity here regularly.
Flavel House in Astoria Oregon was built in 1885 and for Captain Flavel and his family and they still reside there. Visitors and staff report hearing phones ringing when they are not plugged in, seeing lights come off/on of their own accord, curtains will open/close by themselves as well.