Also on these boards
The Victoria-Transvaal Diamond was cut from a 240-carat rough stone found at the Premier Mine in Transvaal, South Africa, in 1951. The pear shaped, fancy “champagne-colored” diamond was originally cut to 75 carats but then later recut to 67.89 carats for better proportions. Total weight of the 106 diamonds in the necklace is approximately 45 carats. The Victoria-Transvaal diamond was worn in the 1952 movie “Tarzan’s Savage Fury.”
A 99-carat center polished garnet is surrounded by another 50 carats of garnets in shades ranging from deep red to bright orange, all set in 22-karat yellow gold. - Houston Museum Of Natural Science
PAIR OF ANTIQUE DIAMOND PENDANT-EARRINGS, EARLY 19TH CENTURY The floral cluster tops centering 2 cushion-shaped diamonds approx 2.10 and 1.90 carats respectively, framed by 16 smaller cushion-shaped diamonds weighing approx 5.30 carats, supporting 2 pear-shaped old-mine diamonds weighing approx 1.40 and 1.70 carats, flanked by 4 smaller pear-shaped diamonds weighing a total of approx 3.00 carats, accented further with 8 small old-mine and rose-cut diamonds, mounted in silver and gold.
A PAIR OF ANTIQUE GARNET EAR PENDANTS Each circular-cut garnet trefoil motif, suspending oval-cut garnet lines, by a pear and circular-cut garnet floret, to the graduated circular-cut garnet swag, enhanced by three pear-shaped garnets, with closed back, mounted in gold, circa 1830
An early 19th century paste brooch Of girandole design set with 'aquamarine' coloured vari-shaped mixed-cut pastes, the shaped surmount with central cushion-cut single stone and square and circular accents within a cannetille surround, suspending triple pear shaped drops, in gilt metal mounts with coloured foil backs, circa 1830, the central drop in open mount
A BELLE EPOQUE DEMANTOID GARNET & DIAMOND PENDANT NECKLACE The oblong-shaped pendant centering upon an oval-cut demantoid garnet, within a calibré-cut demantoid garnet surround, enhanced by rose-cut diamonds, suspended by a rose-cut diamond foliate bail, to the fine-link chain, spaced by rose-cut diamond navette-shaped links, joined by an old European-cut diamond clasp, mounted in platinum-topped gold, (chain not original to pendant), both ca 1900, 16 ins. Clasp signed Tiffany & Co.
A late 19th century gem-set, pearl and diamond brooch. Of gothic inspiration, the large openwork rectangular plaque, composed of four old brilliant-cut diamond lines highlighted at their intersection with oval-cut rubies in square collet-settings, within a pearl and half-pearl, similarly-cut ruby and step-cut diamond surround, decorated with rose-cut diamonds, beading and scrolling details, old brilliant-cut diamonds approx. 1.75cts total, probably converted from a buckle