Rawley Point lighthouse originally marked the Chicago River Jul 1859-Nov 1893, then was moved to Rawley Point (Twin River Point) WI. The tower was erected just behind the 2 1/2 story keeper's dwelling in 1894. Once in place, the original 1873 brick tower was partially dismantled to become level with the roof. The tower stands at a height of 111 feet from its foundation to lantern vent, making it the tallest shore light on the Great Lakes, an honor it continues to hold to this day. photo 1895.
The Rouse Simmons - set sail in November of 1912 with a load of Christmas trees bound for Chicago, but never reached its destination. For years her fate remained a mystery, until 1971 when the wreck was discovered in 170 feet of water northeast of Two Rivers.