Located in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan, The Porter House at 66 Ninth Avenue is the renovation and conversion of a six-story 30,000 sq. ft. warehouse built in 1905 to residential condominiums. A new 20,000 sq. ft. addition added four stories to the existing building and an 8 ft. cantilever along the building’s southern exposure.
Also on these boards
This neglected church, once part of the Sant Francesc Convent, was renovated by Catalan architect David Closes. Located in the town of Santpedor, Spain, it was the last building standing from the convent and was badly in need of repair. The project turned the former church into an auditorium and multifunctional space for cultural events.