Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Visit Site
Leslie Payne
Leslie Payne • 2 years ago

Built in 1858 to house Richmond’s Federal customs house, post office, & courthouse, original portion of United States Post Office and Custom House is imposing Italianate building. Its exterior is of local “Petersburg” granite, while interior makes extensive use of cast iron structural components. Ammi B. Young, supervising architect of the U.S. Treasury Department, designed original center section.

Also on these boards

Related Pins