Categories
Log in
There's more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what's here!
Visit Site

Related Pins

Royal Flying Corps squadrons relied on vehicle-mounted equipment that could be moved from one location to another. Each squadron had twelve three-ton Leyland lorries, including four with workshops for repair and maintenance work which could be based at the airfield or go out to crashed aircraft. This workshop was equipped with power tools, a lathe, drills, and a grinder, as well as a wide selection of hand tools. Power was provided by a small Austin engine. It was mounted on a Leyland lorry.

Thornycroft J-Type Lorry 13 pdr Anti-Aircraft Gun - 1915, via Flickr.

RFC Squadron Re-enactors at Stow Marie Aerodrome by Anorak Corner, via Flickr

Royal Flying Corps Observer, 1917 by Rob Langham, via Flickr

Captain T Poole and his Sopwith Pup by Rob Langham, via Flickr

Suitably attired for a high level O Pip by Rob Langham, via Flickr