Also on these boards
the Garden Museum in Lambeth - St Mary's Garden on Albert Embankment (LW18-2)
The Boleyn Cup The only surviving piece of Anne Boleyn's enormous and very valuable collection of gold and silver plate. This simple silver gilt cup - topped with her falcon emblem - is now at a church in Gloucestershire. Her other gold plate, salts, cups, etc would have been much more elaborate. Household spending on luxurious living, feasts to bedazzle their Courtiers and to humiliate Katherine was Anne's goal. Their retinue and spending on their trip to Calais in 1532 was staggering.
This cup once belonged to Queen Anne Boleyn. The church that currently holds the cup, St. John the Baptist in Cirencester, states that it was given by the Queen to Dr. Richard Masters, a physician, who cared for the Princess Elizabeth. He later, in 1561, gave the cup to the church. It is silver gilt adorned with Anne's Royal Falcon. It was once part of her large collection of gold and silver plate.