Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Image

Uploaded to Pinterest

Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 1 year ago

A stereographic view of workers harvesting olives in Sylmar, circa 1910. The verso of the images gives a detailed description about olive harvesting. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Related Pins

A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

San Fernando Valley: The Hand that Feeds LA, circa 1920s :: San Fernando Valley History

Interior view of an ice cream parlor located on Maclay Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets in San Fernando, Calif. Nathaniel Pico (son of Benjamine and Anna Forrester Pico) and Eugene Oliver are visible behind the counter. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library

Native Americans posing at San Fernando Mission, circa 1880. Photo credit: Title Insurance and Trust Company. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Rescue workers begin grim search for victims after a devastating earthquake destroyed two wings of the San Fernando Valley Veterans Administration hospital on February 9, 1971. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Looking north towards what is now Chatsworth Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. In the distance, the San Fernando Mission is visible, surrounded by open land. circa 1920. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Map from the San Fernando Land and Water Company, advertising 20,000 acres of land for sale in the San Fernando Valley, circa 1880s. The land was sold at $150 an acre. The former owner of the land was California State Senator Charles Maclay who donated $150,000 to endow the College of Theology of the University of Southern California. MultiCultural Music and Art Foundation of Northridge. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.