Program for the 29th Annual Meeting of the San Fernando Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America, held Monday evening, October 27, 1952, at Devonshire Downs. Senator Thomas C. Carrell Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Portrait of Miguel Leonis, circa 1870s. Leonis was born in Cambo in the French Pyrenees in 1824. As one of the most colorful of the early land settlers and pioneers the San Fernando Valley, he became known as "The King of Calabasas." Leonis came to the Valley in 1858 and by the late 1800's he controlled and ruled much of the west end of the San Fernando Valley. Leonis Adobe Museum and Plummer House. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Cover of the book "One Acre and Independence" by the Charles Weeks System, circa 1927. Charles Weeks' face is superimposed on to the figure holding eggs baskets walking aside a chicken coop. In 1920, the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce requested that Weeks come to the San Fernando Valley to establish a series of one-acre egg farms. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Espiritu Chijulla Leonis, circa 1900. Espiritu was married to Miguel Leonis. Their wedding gift from Espiritu's family included 1100 acres of land in Calabasas as well as cattle, sheep and horses. Espiritu lived at Leonis Adobe until her death in 1906 and was buried at the San Fernando Mission. Leonis Adobe Museum and Plummer House. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.