It is estimated that over 30,000 people showed up at the opening of the Los Angeles Aqueduct on November 5, 1913. They came to watch the Owens Valley water cascade into the resevoir. The caption of this picture was that the automobile was "here to stay" in the San Fernando Valley. You can make out some horse and buggies to the rear of the image. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Also on these boards
A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Stork and baby promotional plaque representing Owensmouth, the newest town in the San Fernando Valley, March 30, 1912. This plaque was given to prospective buyers by land developers on the opening day of land sales in Owensmouth. The new town was named Owensmouth in anticipation of the water being brought from the Owens Valley via the Los Angeles Aqueduct. In 1931, the town was renamed Canoga Park. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
San Fernando Homestead Association Map of San Fernando Valley. This map was reproduced from several original maps which are filed in the Los Angeles County Clerk's office by the Santa Clarita National Bank. It originates from an 1871 survey. It reads, "Plat of the Ex-Mission de San Fernando." Compiled October, 1989. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.