Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Visit Site
Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 41 weeks ago

Plummer Street in Chatsworth after snowfall, January 11, 1949. The hills in the background are part of the Santa Susana Mountains that surround Box Canyon. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Related Pins

Exterior view of the Cody Theater, located at 303 S. Brand Boulevard, San Fernando, 1923. The movie advertised on the theater's marquee is Grumpy (1923) starring prolific silent film star of the 1910s and 1920s, Theodore Roberts. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Looking north towards what is now Chatsworth Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. In the distance, the San Fernando Mission is visible, surrounded by open land. circa 1920. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Historical Map of the San Fernando Valley (right side) :: San Fernando Valley History

View of Commerce Street in Tujunga, circa 1950. Commerce Street is located at the foothills of the northern rim of the San Fernando Valley. Caption on the verso reads, "It is considered one of the most healthful spots in the country." San Fernando Valley Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Front page of the Girard News, Saturday December 27, 1924. Girard was later renamed Woodland Hills. The paper served the communities of San Fernando, Van Nuys, Lankershim, Reseda, Owensmouth, Chatsworth, Rio Vista, Villa Vista, Pacoima, Zelzah, Weeks Colony, and other areas. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Native Americans posing at San Fernando Mission, circa 1880. Photo credit: Title Insurance and Trust Company. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

This water tank built by T. W. (Bill) Kneen in the shape of a milk bottle was built in the 1930's out of masonry. Located at Red Rock Road, Old Topanga Canyon. Photographer: A. Les Haines. Topanga Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.