Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Visit Site
Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 31 weeks ago

Peter Amestoy with Rancho Los Encinos work mule around 1908. Peter Amestoy with Rancho Los Encinos work mule around 1908. In 1889, Domingo Amestoy bought the Rancho. This was the last time the 4,460 acre ranch was sold as a whole. In the coming years, it would slowly be sold, a piece at a time. Rancho Los Encinos. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Related Pins

A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

James Jeffries Description James Jeffries resting against his barn. In 1899, James Jeffries was the Heavyweight Champion of the World. Following retirement, Jeffries converted a barn into an an academy to train future boxers. Burbank Historical Society. San fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Portrait of L. C. Brand, circa 1910. Brand came to California in 1886 and started the Los Angeles Abstract Company with Edwin Sargent. He and Henry E. Huntington formed the San Fernando Valley Land and Development Company. Brand was president of the Los Angeles and Glendale Railroad Company which provided connections from Los Angeles to Glendale with extensions to Burbank, Pasadena, and Griffith Park. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.