Also on these boards
Looking north towards what is now Chatsworth Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. In the distance, the San Fernando Mission is visible, surrounded by open land. circa 1920. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Illustration depicting the San Fernando Valley's importance to greater Los Angeles from a brochure of statistics about the Valley and North Hollywood compiled by the North Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, circa 1920s. In 1929, the name of the neighborhood of Zelzah was changed to Northridge. In 1931, Owensmouth was changed to Canoga Park. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.