A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Cover of a Plan-It Insulated-Metal Framed Structures brochure, circa 1950s. Plan-It Homes, located in Sherman Oaks, designed pre-fabricated metal framed buildings. The brochure explains Plan-It structures are: "designed and engineered for the ultimate in fast, simple construction under all conditions, adaptability, and low maintenance . . ." Brochure also claims that unskilled workers could easily erect a Plan-It structure in a matter of hours. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
John Steven McGroarty and Marie Walsh at the San Fernando Mission Sept. 8, 1931. McGroarty had a distinguished career as the first mayor of Tujunga, a California State Senator, California Poet Laureate and a playwright, journalist and author. Marie Walsh Harrington was the wife of Dr. Mark Harrington. Harrington was the director of the Southwest Museum and restored the Andres Pico Adobe. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library