Categories

Come on in! Join Pinterest today...it only takes like a second or so.

More like this: golf courses, sheep and golf.
Visit Site
Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 19 weeks ago

Sheep grazing on a ranch owned by the Weddington family at 4141 Whitsett Avenue, circa late 1800s. Later, it was a wheat farm, a casaba melon farm, and eventually a golf course in an area now known as Studio City. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Related Pins

Espiritu Chijulla Leonis, circa 1900. Espiritu was married to Miguel Leonis. Their wedding gift from Espiritu's family included 1100 acres of land in Calabasas as well as cattle, sheep and horses. Espiritu lived at Leonis Adobe until her death in 1906 and was buried at the San Fernando Mission. Leonis Adobe Museum and Plummer House. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Native Americans posing at San Fernando Mission, circa 1880. Photo credit: Title Insurance and Trust Company. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Program for the 29th Annual Meeting of the San Fernando Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America, held Monday evening, October 27, 1952, at Devonshire Downs. Senator Thomas C. Carrell Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

San Fernando Valley: The Hand that Feeds LA, circa 1920s :: San Fernando Valley History

The first Red Car over to North Hollywood, December 16, 1911, Van Nuys Line. Far right: Fred Weddington, who negotiated to get the line in the Valley; 9th from right: Wilson C. Weddington. The train behind was Huntington's special car. Weddington Family Collection. San fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Sheep roaming on Roscoe Blvd in Canoga Park! Love this picture of the SFV

Front page of the Girard News, Saturday December 27, 1924. Girard was later renamed Woodland Hills. The paper served the communities of San Fernando, Van Nuys, Lankershim, Reseda, Owensmouth, Chatsworth, Rio Vista, Villa Vista, Pacoima, Zelzah, Weeks Colony, and other areas. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.