Also on these boards
Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
San Fernando Valley Industrial Catalog: A Guide to San Fernando Valley Products and Services, published by the San Fernando Valley Small Plants Association in Van Nuys, 1959. Full page advertisement for Manpower, Inc., a temporary help service, in Sherman Oaks. San Fernando Women's Club Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Interior view of an ice cream parlor located on Maclay Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets in San Fernando, Calif. Nathaniel Pico (son of Benjamine and Anna Forrester Pico) and Eugene Oliver are visible behind the counter. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library
San Fernando Blessed Fruits and Flowers Festival, June 8, 1986. This event was a local ceremony that combined indigenous spiritual beliefs with Catholic blessings to ensure a bountiful harvest. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Front page of the Girard News, Saturday December 27, 1924. Girard was later renamed Woodland Hills. The paper served the communities of San Fernando, Van Nuys, Lankershim, Reseda, Owensmouth, Chatsworth, Rio Vista, Villa Vista, Pacoima, Zelzah, Weeks Colony, and other areas. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.