Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Visit Site
Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 15 weeks ago

This is an image of the first graduation at San Fernando Valley State College (SFVSC, now CSUN) in June of 1959. Ninety students received their degrees on the SFVSC football field. This image shows the large expanse of empty land held by the college at this time; visible in the background is the Santa Susana mountain range. CSUN University Digital Archives.

Related Pins

Front page of the Daily Sundial, campus newspaper at San Fernando Valley State College, January 10, 1969. Those arrested were gathered at the Open Forum area. Among those arrested were eight faculty members and the campus minister. All were charged with failure to disperse after being warned. CSUN University Digital Archives.

Map from the San Fernando Land and Water Company, advertising 20,000 acres of land for sale in the San Fernando Valley, circa 1880s. The land was sold at $150 an acre. The former owner of the land was California State Senator Charles Maclay who donated $150,000 to endow the College of Theology of the University of Southern California. MultiCultural Music and Art Foundation of Northridge. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Scene magazine, Vol. 2, No. 4, 1970. Scene was published by the San Fernando Valley State College (now CSUN) Journalism Department as an alternative to the campus newspaper, the Sundial. This issue is entitled 'The Changing Morality.' The painting "American Gothic" by Grant Wood hangs on the wall behind the "new" American family of 1970. CSUN University Digital Archives.