Categories
Log in
There’s more to see...
Sign up to see the rest of what’s here!
Visit Site
Oviatt Library
Oviatt Library • 5 weeks ago

Advertisement and bus ticket to see the town of Girard (verso), circa 1920s. A bus picked people up at 518 South Hill Street in Los Angeles at 9:30 a.m. and drove them to Girard. Per the advertisement, in Girard there were horses to ride, a swiming pool, the Girard Golf Club, and the Girard Inn. Girard was intothe city of Los Angeles in 1945, and renamed Woodland Hills. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Also on these boards

Related Pins

The Millionaires Club of Happiness and Contentment's philosophy, signed by Mildred W. Brigham, circa 1915-1921.The club consisted of a local group of men who met in front of the Tujunga Post Office to visit and discuss local issues. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

William Ellsworth Smythe, founder of a social movement known as "Little Landers" worked with George W. Harris and Marshall Valentine Hartranft to build the "Los Terrenitos" or the "Little Lands" Colony in 1913. Smythe and his disciples believed that any man could support himself and his family on a single acre of irrigated land.The Colony struggled through economic recession and by 1920 had ceased to exist. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Women workers at the Hinkley Beach Canning Company in Burbank, which was located west of the Southern Pacific Railroad tracks, 1919. The company was eventually sold to Libby. Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.