St Mary and St Finnan's Catholic Church, Glenfinnan
Heptonstall's original church was named after St Thomas a Becket, founded circa 1260 and was altered and added to over several centuries. It was damaged by a gale in 1847 (and is now only a shell), so a new church, St Thomas the Apostle, was built in the same churchyard. This suffered a lighting strike in 1875. The old church ruin is now carefully maintained and occasionally open air services are conducted there.