Come on in! Join Pinterest only takes like a second or so.

More like this: names, friends and home.
Visit Site
Jessica Cockrum
Jessica Cockrum • 3 years ago

Can one of my photographer friends tell me how to achieve a photo with this "look"? Is it a filter used on the lens, or is it something done in Photoshop (or other)? Does this style have a name? It is a favorite look of mine, but I've never been able to figure out how to achieve something like it.

  • y i n a
    y i n a • 2 years ago

    it's called vignetting. It mimics the style of older film photos where the edges of the film are exposed to light, creating a vintage feel. For digital folders, darken the corners through Photoshop. There are a myriad of vignette/vintage photoshop tutorials on Google.

  • Katherine Joseph
    Katherine Joseph • 2 years ago

    if you have photoshop go to http://www.thecoffeesh... and look under actions... She post free actions for photoshop which makes it so much easier when editing bulk photographs.

  • Lauralee Altice
    Lauralee Altice • 2 years ago

    Or go to it is free and easy photo editing and it has a option to do this.

  • Jessica Cockrum
    Jessica Cockrum • 2 years ago

    Thank you so much, everyone! I wasn't sure what it was called to google it. There are several "styles" I like, but I don't know how to look up tutorials, because I don't know what the style is called. Just working hard to learn to better use my camera and photo editing to get better family photos. I'll check out the mentioned sites.

  • Katherine Joseph
    Katherine Joseph • 2 years ago

    I wouldn't recommend picnik. Once you use to edit a photo there is no point in printing because when you save it picnik decreases the file size and doesn't print well at all.