St. Dunstan-in-the-East was a Church of England parish church halfway between London Bridge and the Tower of London. There has been a church on this site since approximately 1100. The church was destroyed in 1941 during the London Blitz of WW2. The scarred and blackened walls of the old church remain and now surround a tranquil area designated as a peace garden. Very cool!
St. Dunstan-in-the-East Church - St. Dunstan's Hill, England
Abandoned in Istanbul, Turkey.
“The Village” on the St. Kilda archipelago of Scotland’s Outer Hebrides was abandoned in 1930 due to a combination of post-war population decline, crop failures and the relentless weather. The ruined “Street” was built around 1834 to replace a more primitive medieval village (the remains of which can also be seen nearby).
The Ice Crystal Rainbow (Iridescent Cloud) - Pacheco
Abandoned: City Hall station was unexpectedly closed to the public a mere 41 years after it opened its doors in 1904
Amazingly beautiful stained glass in an abandoned church in Detroit.
View from inside Detroit's abandoned Fisher Body plant.
abandoned train station