Normanton, Rutland County, UK
Normanton Hall was a seat of the Earls of Ancaster and an important centre of their estates. The stable block of their hall is now Normanton Park hotel. In the 18th century the village was cleared to make a park for the estate. St Matthew's Church is a grade II listed building, built between 1826 and 1829. The building was once the private chapel for the Normanton Estate. Normanton is the name of a ward of Rutland County, it includes Edith Weston, Empingham, North Luffenham and South Luffenham.
60 Pins108 Followers