I went back and forth on a couple different ideas before deciding to go with a NECCO Candy Button inspired design. I used Bentley Microstation to sketch out the design for my template.
I don't have a wire slicer so I decided to use a slab mold, in hindsight I should've used my tall and skinny mold, it would've been much easier to create the template since each bar has 24 straws. I poured a layer of melt and pour into the slab and then put in my straws. After the melt and pour hardened I made and poured my main white "paper" soap batter and CPOP'd it. Scented with Star Showers from Nurture Soap.
Candy Button Pour
I blended my soap to emolsuion and poured it into three separate condiment bottles Full Throttle, Making Waves, and Material Girl micas from Nurture Soap. I shook the bottles until the mica was mixed and the soap was at a very thin trace. I then carefully poured the single color buttons so they were full in case I had any spillover. Then I filled in the multi-color buttons very slowly and carefully with the condiment bottles to get the color mixing look actual Candy Buttons have.
I made way more soap for buttons than I needed to so I made some smaller soaps with the extra batter in my Brambleberry molds. I'm including this picture because it's something I learned. Only the hexagon mold could fit on top of my slab mold to CPOP so the monstera leaf mold just sat out and did not go through gel phase. This was the first time I had part of my soap batter not go through gel phase so seeing and feeling the difference was definitely a hands on learning experience.
After 2nd CPOP
This was my slab after the buttons (and soap from the extra batter) were CPOP'd. It was hard enough to remove from the mold but I wanted it to harden a bit more before cutting the slab and cleaning up the bars. I planned out a soap with white confetti so all the excesss won't go to waste.