Old Bridge in Heidelberg, Germany. The bridge's official name is Carl Theodor Brucke Bridge (1742-1799). However, the site of this bridge held 9 actual bridges, most of wood, since the 13th century. Many of the bridges were flooded or damaged in storms. The last restoration of this bridge occurred after WWII as the Germans used dynamite to deem the bridge impassible. The bridge now contains elite apartments but originally this space was used for the bridge keeper and as dungeons.