There’s more to see...
Come take a look at what else is here!

Beaumont, Texas History

Beaumont, Texas History

  • 13 Pins

Pattillo Higgins (December 5, 1863-June 5, 1955) was a businessman as well as a self-taught geologist. He earned the nickname the "Prophet o...

Captain Anthony F. Lucas - mining engineer responsible for drilling the Lucas gusher at Spindletop.

La Maison Beausoleil Museum

Beaumont Main Street

Portal to Texas History

Oil Field in Beaumont, Texas, 1901

Jefferson County Historical Commission

History of Jefferson County, Texas

BEAUMONT, TX | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)

Tyrrell Historical Library Digital Collections Portal

The Story of Beaumont by Florence Stratton

Articles by W. T. Block

The McFaddin-Ward House was built in 1905-06. The Beaux-Arts Colonial style home and its furnishings reflect the lifestyle of the prominent family that lived in the house for seventy-five years. Call us at (409) 832-2134 to schedule a tour!

Day 16 - Beau stops for a photo by this landmark sign and learned that Beaumont ushered in the industrial era. #elfontheshelf #beaumont

The Beaumont Heritage Society is organized for educational and civic purposes, to preserve and assist in the preservation of landmarks, (including but not limited to the John Jay French House), documents, pictures, names, mementos, and instruments of historical value, and to preserve the natural beauty of Beaumont, Texas.

Beaumont Heritage Society - Home