Sapphire and diamond tiara given to Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna by her father, Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich, as part of a magnificent Cartier parure on the occasion of her marriage to Prince Wilhelm of Sweden in 1908. Fate unknown, probably sold by the grand duchess to support herself in exile.
Diamond ring, circa 1915. The marquise-shaped diamond weighing 3.71 carats, in a pierced frame of conforming shape decorated with small single-cut diamonds and calibré-cut simulated sapphires, mounted in platinum.
Assistant Curator at the Tower of London, Anna Keay, holds the 15th century crown of Margaret of York. Exhibition held in the Tower of London in celebration of the Queen's Golden Jubilee. The crown left England in 1468 and is one of only two English Medieval crowns that survived the Civil War and is now kept in Aachen Cathedral in Germany.