The London Stone in Cannon Street is the oldest piece of London. It was moved in the 1700s from the south side of the street to the north side and built into the wall of the former Church of Saint Swithun before the church was bombed in WW2, yet the stone was left unharmed. The name “London Stone” was first recorded in historical documents around 1100. - Click on pin for full history.
Attendants from the Hunterian Museum of the Royal College Of Surgeons packing up some of the 3000 human skulls stored in a shed in Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, before their transfer to the Natural History Museum, 1st July 1948.