Wyatt Earp dealing at one of the Oriental Saloon’s faro tables. To his right, Doc Holliday. Wyatt Earp became manager of the Oriental Saloon, entitling him to receive one-quarter interest in its faro concession.
Fort Huachuca ca. 1890 - On March 3, 1877, Captain Samuel Marmaduke Whitside, accompanied by two companies of the 6th Cavalry, chose a site at the base of the Huachuca Mountains that offered sheltering hills & a perennial stream. In 1882, Camp Huachuca was redesignated a fort. Beginning in 1913, for 20 years the fort was the base for the "Buffalo Soldiers", the 10th Cavalry Regiment. In 1947 the post was closed & turned over to the Arizona Fish & Game Department. It was reactivated in 1954.