Cheapside 1813, East India House left. Regency shopping - At this time merchants serving the rich began to move into the Mayfair area but Covent Garden, Cheapside and Fleet Street were still havens for shopping.
White's Club -- the premier gentleman’s club of the Regency is also the oldest in London, and has its origins in White’s Chocolate House, which opened in 1693. In 1736, White’s began to operate as a private club on St. James’s Street in the site now occupied by Boodle’s. Four years later it moved across the street to larger premises, which burnt down in 1753. The club then relocated in a building at the top of St. James’s, where it still stands.