Old Sheldon Church Ruins, Sheldon, Beaufort County, SC~Old Sheldon Church was built in 1745 as the church of Prince William Parish. It was burned by the British in May 1779. It was rebuilt, then burned again in January 1865 by General Sherman's troops. The walls remain today and it is a spectacular place to visit.
Maybe it's the Spanish moss or the mint juleps, but something about this Georgia city makes us want to put on a sweeping gown and vintage ring and revel in the dark, creepy romanticness of it all. #WanderlustFTW