The Walker Sisters House in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee. John and Mary (Wiley) Walker moved here in 1870. Five of their spinster daughters inherited the house and lived the life of pioneers. They raised sheep and cotton from which they made their clothes. They grew most of their food, tended the livestock, and had a blacksmith shop. Other structures are a corn crib and a spring house. The first sister died in 1931, the last in 1964. Photo by Jack E. Boucher.