148. Summerside Smart Grid with Energy Storage nets 46% Wind Power | Green Energy Futures
Bob Chelmick creating another episode of The Road Home in his solar-powered cabin in the woods in northern Alberta. http://www.greenenergyfutures.ca/episode/bob-chelmicks-solar-powered-cabin GreenEnergyFutures.ca
Visit Bob Chelmick's solar-powered Cabin in the Woods this week on Green Energy Futures.
144. This energy institute loves wind so much, they bought the wind farm! | Green Energy Futures
We visit the first certified passive house in Saskatchewan. It's ironic because the first passive house concept ever was built in Saskatchewan in the 1970s.
*Alberta Minister of Energy Margaret McCuaig-Boyd says Alberta will invest in energy efficiency to create jobs, stimulate the economy and reduce emissions. Photo David Dodge, GreenEnergyFutures.ca
*Jesse Row, executive director of the Alberta Energy Efficiency Alliance says energy efficiency is one of the things the U.S. invested in to head off the last downturn in the economy. Photo David Dodge, GreenEnergyFutures.ca
These Students Shaped Their Town's Renewable Energy Framework
Community leagues in Edmonton helped start hockey programs which are now run by hockey organizations, but true to its roots Evansdale Community League now has a shop full of skates, sticks and pucks that are loaned free to people in the community. Evansdale is now solar powered! Photo David Dodge
#ClippedOnIssuu from REVOLVE #16 - SUMMER 2015
*A super wide view of the great room in the sea container cabin shows the hub and spoke design, the elevated water tower and the windows that make the great room a bright, open space in the cabin. Photo David Dodge, GreenEnergyFutures.ca
Earthship rising - the video story of Green Energy Futures editor, Duncan Kinney and his family building an Earthship in southern Alberta.
Net Zero 101. The Millcreek net-zero home features solar awnings and good passive solar design making it easy to get to net zero. Blog-Vidoe-Podcast.
Beautiful narrow-lot infill housing reduces your energy footprint (and costs) and rejuvenates mature neighbourhoods!
The incredible rise of Net Zero homes has the potential to change the energy profile of housing everywhere. Pretty amazing for an idea with a history of less than a decade!
Slide Show - Huff Post - Net Zero 101 - Homes that produce as much energy as they consume!
79. Net-zero Beautiful - Sustainability through design and location - see the amazing home of home designer Louis Pereira who built a beautiful family home on a 25-foot lot - close to schools, close to parks and close to work. We also visit the Spo'pi Solar House and Kim Gould one of the more than 100 University of Calgary students who designed and built the 2011 entry in the Solar Decathlon competition in Washington DC.
Introducing a People's Choice Award! Vote @David Nilsson Dodge, Green Energy Futures #yeg #yyc #sustainability
70. Solar hot water is dead, long live domestic solar hot water by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud
CKUA Podcast: 69. Laneway homes: sustainable Inner city housing that's near net zero by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud. This is the amazing story of lane homes a new way of building affordable homes in the inner city.
68. Starland County: Solar for farmers that pays for itself in 10-13 years by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud
67. Harvest Power: Turning greasy, gooey food waste into energy and compost by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud
62. Energy Efficiency - how energy efficiency could save Albertans $1.5 billion by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud
61. Alberta's $380 million Clean Tech Fund – where does the money go? by greenenergyfutures on SoundCloud