1930s aerial view of Orland Park
Early 1930s. Orland Park School at 143rd Street and West Ave. The adjacent limestone gym was constructed as part of a federal work project in 1937. Orland Park School was the local high school until Carl Sandburg High School opened in the mid-1950s.
1936. Federal Writer's Project describing Orland Park as a "town that does not seem to be moving forward."
1954 when Carl Sandburg High School opened.
1957 Village Street Map
pre-1937. Orland Park School before the limestone gymnasium was built in 1937