Located in Chatham's Old Village (on the corner of Main St. and Lighthouse Ln.), this house was once Andrew Harding's Store. Built c. 1865, the house was turned 90 degrees and one of its ells was removed in the early 1940s. Since the '40s it has been a residence.
The staggered pattern of cedar shake shingles is a classic of the eastern seaboard and helps accentuate the home's country cottage motif. By leaving the shakes natural and treating them only with bleach, the Starkes anticipate that they will gray with age and add even further to the warm.