“Little House on the Prairie” is one of the most successful dramatic series in television history. This TV legend began with the pilot in March of 1974, which introduced the Ingalls family to millions of viewers around the world. It was subsequently picked up as a series in September and ran on NBC for nine seasons until 1983.
Ma's China Shepheress: This figurine was found among Carrie's things in Keystone, SD. The foot had been broken and mended with sealing wax, evidence that it had been cherished. Later, William Anderson found a letter that Laura had written to some school children. In it she wrote, "Carrie has the little shepherdess." We feel confident that this is the figure that the family had treasured.
Caroline Ingalls, Laura's mother. At sixteen, she started as a teacher, but married Charles Ingalls in February of 1860 ending her career. She followed her husband through numerous moves and before she extracted a promise from her husband that their next move would be their last. The family settled in Dakota Territory on Silver Lake outside what would be the town De Smet, SD.
Mary Amelia Ingalls - In 1879, after their return to Walnut Grove from Burr Oak, Iowa, tragedy struck the Ingalls family once more. Mary became sick, most likely with scarlet fever, resulting in her eventual blindness, and shortly after the family made their last move, this time to South Dakota.