"Lady Mundirnye" dress introduced by Catherine II as a female version of the uniforms of military units, and combined the features of the military form with elements of ancient and European women's dress to suit the second half of XVIII century. The Empress appeared in parades and during regimental celebrations in such a dress. The color and ornamentation of this dress is consistent with the Cavalry officer corps of 1764-1796.
Crafted out of fluid silk organza, this beautifully unconventional bridal gown is hand-dyed and hand-painted in a painstaking nine-step process. Reflective of a stormy seascape, the colors range from deep eggplant to sky blue.