St. Bartholomew's Church - Berchtesgaden, Germany: St. Bartholomä is a Catholic pilgrimage church in the Berchtesgadener Land district of Bavaria in Germany. It named for Saint Bartholomew the Apostle, patron of alpine farmers and dairymen. The church is located at the western shore of the Königssee lake, on the Hirschau peninsula. It can only be reached by ship or after a long hike across the surrounding mountains.
St. Agnes from the MASTER of the St. Bartholomew Altar (active 1470-1510 in Cologne). The name of the master is not known. Probably he arrived from Utrecht and was active in Cologne between 1485-1510. He got his name after his masterpiece, the St Bartholomew tryptych made for the church St Columba in Cologne. She wears a sideless surcoat or "gates of hell" under her cloak.