BONUS: Take pictures often and study many photo books, cookbooks and blogs. Keep a camera in your kitchen or grab a shot of that great dinner with your iPhone. Food photography is an art in progress. We never really arrive!
10. Work clean with food.
9. Depth of field can highlight food subjects but always make sure your food photo is in focus.
8. Watch your histogram.
7. Follow the rules of composition for food.
6. Keep a closet full of props to give your food shots ambiance.
5. White always makes the food stand out and be the star of the photo.
4. Avoid too much contrast and dark shadows around and on food.
3. Every corner of the food photo matters.
2. It is all about the light on your food.