Stata Center - designed by Frank Gehry for MIT. We have some pretty cool buildings in Cambridge - both old and new. The Stata Center replaced Building 20, a famous MIT building in its own right (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/01/30/120130fa_fact_lehrer?currentPage=all).
A Cambridge snapshot - taken on the way in to work one morning as the snow drifted gently down - a photo of the Cooper-Frost-Austin House. This house was built by Samuel Cooper, a selectman and deacon, and it's the oldest house in Cambridge (1690).
A beautiful night view of a Copley Square landmark: Old South Church, located across the street from the Boston Public Library in the Square's NW corner. According to the church's website: "the building, formally known as the “New” Old South Church, is the third home of the congregation, which was gathered in 1669. The building was completed in 1875. . . The Old South congregation baptized Benjamin Franklin on the day he was born in 1706."
The John Harvard statue presides over Harvard Yard, just in front of University Hall. You can see the toe of his left shoe is golden - this is because it routinely gets rubbed for good luck! However, this well known Cambridge landmark hides a few truths. In fact, it's known as the "statue of three lies." As Harvard's blog tells us: "1. That isn’t John Harvard...2. John Harvard wasn’t the founder of Harvard University...[and] 3. Harvard wasn’t founded in 1638."