In gilt bronze and patinated bronze with a winged putto (cherub) holding two candelabra above a square plinth base elaborately cast in bronze d'ore. Attributed to Henri Picard, who was established in Paris, 6 rue Jarente from 1831 to 1839 and then 10 rue de la Perle from 1840 to 1864. Picard worked on Emperor Napoleon III’s apartments at the Louvre Palace. Second half of the 19th century.
In solid, carved and patinated beechwood. Circa 1752. Stamped: MICHEL GOURDIN Michel Gourdin was recognized as a master ébéniste in 1752. Other works by Gourdin are represented in The Met, the Louvre, the Bouvier Collection in the Musée Carnavalet, Paris; the Wallace Collection, London; Windsor Castle; and the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Wrightsman, New York.
Pair of exceptional Louis XVI period carved and parcel-gilt fauteuils
The front aprons inspired by the designs of Georges Jacob, the armrests adorned with mufles de lion (lion masks) in the manner of Jacob Frères (Georges Jacob's sons), and having unusual tapered and sprial-fluted back sabre legs. Late 18th century.