The Verizon Building at 108 Prospect Street. The site was originally occupied by Brinton Jackson’s General Store. Jackson died in 1925 and the building was sold to the Bell Telephone Company. The store was dismantled by Nanticoke contractor Caradoc Rees and shipped to Church Street, where it was reassembled and became someone’s house.
This item may be the earliest mention of television in a Nanticoke column. Joseph Janowski’s building was at 48 S. Market Street in in the building between the Rosebush Tavern and People’s Market, as seen in this 1982 photo.
The Victoria Building at the intersection of Prospect and E. Green Streets was constructed in 1930 by Emil Malinowski, one of the most prominent citizens of Nanticoke in the early years of the 20th Century. The Victoria Building replaced a wood frame structure called The Susquehanna Hotel, which had stood on the spot for several decades.