Houghton Memorial Library, Huntingdon College
Originally constructed in 1929, the Library at Huntingdon College added the Charles & Thelma Dixon Wing in 1989. The Library is named after Mitchell Bennett Houghton, a founding member of the College's Board of Trustees. Huntingdon College was founded in Tuskegee, Alabama, in 1854, under the name Tuskegee Female College. In 1909, the College moved to Montgomery. In 1935, the College was renamed (for the third time) Huntingdon College, honoring Selina, the Countess of Huntingdon.