The Orlov is mounted in the Imperial Sceptre, made during the reign of Catherine the Great (1762-96). Its weight has been recorded as 189.62 metric carats and it measures 47.6 mm in height, 31.75 mm in width, and 34.92 mm in length. The clarity is typical of the finest Indian diamonds and its color possesses a slight bluish-green tint.
Rare Russian Jewels from a Personal Collection.. Of girandole design, each set with three pear-shaped amethyst drops to the diamond foliate motif and octagonal amethyst and diamond cluster surmount, mounted in silver and gold, circa 1765,
Christie's Geneva : Magnificent Jewels - A.lain R. T.ruong
Three bows in diamonds mounted in gold and silver, created by Jeremie Pauzie, jeweller to Catherine the Great (who also created the coronation regalia to her command). --Prince Michael of Greece, Jewels of the Tsars"(Diamond Fund)
Casa Imperial de todas las Rusias :: Foros Realeza
The Empire Paurure of Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna of Russia, comprised of diamonds and Brazilian pink topazes. Born Marie Alexandrine Elisabeth Eleonore of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, she was known as the "grandest of the grand duchesses."
THE ROMANOVS JEWELRY - The diamond belt with tassels that was made for Catherine II The Great by jeweler Louis David Duvall. The part of the belt was given by Catherine II to Jeremiya Posse to create IMPERIAL WEDDING CROWN.
The Parure of Maria Pavlovna with diamonds and Brazilian pink topaz ~ These jewelry was made by order of Emperor Pavel I on the occasion of marriage of his daughter Maria Pavlovna and Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. These jewels were eventually inherited by Queen Victoria of Sweden, wife of King Gustav V ~
A SUPERB AND HIGHLY IMPORTANT HISTORIC DIAMOND BRACELET FROM THE COLLECTION OF THE RUSSIAN IMPERIAL FAMILY The semi-flexible bracelet designed as an oval-shaped old-cut diamond to the six-looped ribbon-bow top and foliate old-cut diamond tapered sides, mounted in gold and silver, circa 1780,
SET OF FOUR DIAMOND FLOWER BROOCHES Each old European and pear-shaped diamond flower head, extending an old mine and old European-cut diamond stem, mounted in silver, mid 18th century, part of The Russian Imperial Family Collection.
The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara, as the name indicates, for Maria Pavlovna (“the elder”), wife of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovitch & aunt of Tsar Nicholas II. Grand Duchess Vladimir was fond of everything extravagant & this tiara is a brilliant example of just that. The tiara consisting of 15 intertwined diamond circles with diamonds on top and pendant pearls was made in 1874, by the Russian court jeweler, Bolin
THE ROMANOVS JEWELRY ~ TURMALIN pink, gold, enamel 4 x 2.7 x 2.3 cm. Rare beauty and color of stone weighing about 255 carats, probably brought from Burma, unusual faceted shape of the bunch. Tourmaline was presented to the Empress Catherine II by the Swedish king Gustav III in 1777.
These diamond earrings and sapphires suggesting cascades that belonged to the Empress Elizabeth c. 1750 was worn by all the Empresses until 20th century. This piece of jewellery was one of jewellery that revolutionaries kept after the tragic events.
THE ROMANOVS JEWELRY ~ This is a PORTBUKET, made of diamonds, gold, silver, enamel, from 1770s. Portbuket was attached to a bodice using wide studs. Hollow on the inside, it served as a miniature vase for flowers. The Diamond Fund, Moscow Kremlin
Aquamarine & diamond necklace by Cartier 1912. Once owned by Olga Karnovitsch (Princess Olga Valerianovna Paley) (1865-1929) Russia. 2nd wife of Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich (1860-1919) Russia, the 8th child of Alexander II & 1st wife Princess Marie (Maria Alexandrovna) (1824-1880) Hesse. Olga was Child of Valerian Karnovich & his wife Olga Vasilyevna Meszaros, Russia.
THE ROMANOVS JEWELRY ~ This gorgeous necklace consists of 21 diamond cabochon framed in silver with gold rail tack; diamonds connected by silk threads that provide more flexibility. 15 pendants of the necklace form a vintage pear shaped diamonds, topped by smaller diamonds, faceted between the 17th and 18th centuries. Total weight of the stones of Indian origin is 475 old carats. Some of them have a bluish or pinkish hue that enhances the glamor of the product.